Monday, 5 November 2012

The Giraffe Cake



My giraffe
the original
Here is the giraffe cake. 

I am not sure what to say about the giraffe cake. 

It has not distinguished itself in any way, this giraffe cake. It was not too hard. It was not too easy. It did not cause me to weep in the middle of the kitchen like a deflated meringue. 

It was fine. My version is a little fatter all over (more acacia trees for lunch, perhaps?) and I got that spot in the middle wrong, I put it mashed up against the left eye instead of directly underneath it.. 

Other than that, there's not much to say.

Oh, there is ONE lesson for young players. If you're making this cake the night before, WAIT to do the licorice horns .... do them the next morning. 

If you do them the night before, like I did, the licorice will dry out overnight and break into a squillion inch-long pieces, instead of staying wrapped nicely around the paddle pop sticks. 

Then the next morning when you have to take it work for the executive assistant of the CEO, for her birthday, you will have a mild spasm when you see the broken bits, and have to do it all over again in a state of semi-panic. So, wait.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. best cake bakery near me

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! Or, you know, not.