Friday, 9 November 2012

I Caked It Myself: the iPod cake


Today's submission to I Caked It Myself is the very model of a modern birthday cake, to (mis)quote The Pirates Of Penzance.

Lara writes:

My friend Jane made this for her daughter Claire's 10th birthday - her birthday present was an iPod, so the matching cake was absolutely perfect!  

It was a family effort - each member of the family decorated three "apps" to go on the cake.  Food colouring was used as paint throughout.  

The cake was gluten-free chocolate cake - and it was absolutely delicious!

I think my favourite bit is the earbuds. I would definitely have staked a claim on those. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again








    Send Birthday Cakes to India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I'm going to be one of those unoriginal people and possibly copy your idea! My friend is having her 50th birthday party on 24th November and I've offered to make her cake for her! Annndddd, she's getting an iPad Mini for her birthday. So would it be really bad of me to 'copy' this idea? And is it considered copying as so many people are now making cakes of iPods and computers etc???

    (and by the way, I'm the lady who bought the lollies for you from Darryl Lea and I've been wondering whether you've made any cakes yet using them?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. That should definitely be in the next edition of The Book. Just, WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing. bakeries in huntsville

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! Or, you know, not.